Although vibrant shades of red and neutral, woodsy tones are set to steal the spotlight at home for Fall 2015, pale pink shades will also make an unexpected splash in the season ahead. If you think soft, pastel hues are simply restricted to spring decorating, autumn’s latest décor trends may leave you blushing and your home looking pretty in pink! Here’s how to incorporate the season’s trendy blush hues into your décor scheme.
1) Pair pale pink accent pillows with a soft grey sofa: If your dove grey sofa is craving a hint of colour, update your plain, dreary living room décor with a few strategically placed accent pillows in a blush hue. After all, the winning combination of natural grey shades and soft pinks can instantly refresh a tired décor statement.
Photo: Liv with Vision (@Livwithvision) on Twitter
2) Infuse a hint of colour into a creamy white room with blush-coloured furnishings: For anyone looking to jump into the trend by revamping their furniture, the look of a blush-coloured sofa can breathe new life into your space. Try contrasting those white walls, carpets and fluffy throw rugs with a luxurious pale pink couch or armchair.
3) Accessorize a plain coffee table with an elegant blush pink vase: For just the slightest hint of blush pink, update an unadorned coffee table with a vase in the season’s dainty shade. Look for a ceramic or glass pale pink vase to fill with delicate white blooms and bring a feminine touch to your décor.
4) Add a subtle accent wall in a shade of barely there pink: If punchy bright hues aren’t quite your theme, autumn’s delicate pink hue makes a winning accent wall statement. To complete the look, contrast your blush-toned wall with an ornate white mirror, flowing cream-coloured drapes or an embellished silver lamp.
5) Contrast your living room décor with blush-coloured curtains and copper accents: The trendy pairing of shiny copper and demure, understated pink is a gorgeous look for any space. As we settle into autumn, try sweet, blush-coloured curtains to maintain an airy, ethereal look inside your home. Add a metallic copper lamp, vase or photo frame to offset the delicate shade.