Although you may not be able to escape on a weeklong spa retreat at the exotic destination of your dreams, you can always bring the tranquil spirit of your favourite spa into your own home. From adding mosaic tiles to bringing nature into your shower area with greenery, here are our top ways to bring a serene, spa-like element into your humble bathroom.
1) Include a mosaic tile shower wall for a décor statement: Spas are often known for their stunning tiles, and a true spa bathroom at home is no exception to this rule! To create the perfect oasis with a hint of texture, add a statement wall with mosaic tiles in pale blue, black and white or light yellow. Softer colours will bring a relaxed spa feel to your bathroom, which is essential if you’re aiming for a soothing soak after a long day.
Photo: Delta Faucet (@deltafaucet) on Twitter
2) Stick to a striking white decorating scheme for a pristine look: If you’re not a fan of loud splashes of colour, the essential spa bathroom calls for monochromatic white décor. Update your bathroom with a freestanding white porcelain bathtub, creamy white walls, crisp white towels and plush white bath mats.
3) Use rough stone accents for a warm and rustic effect: For an escape to a country spa without leaving your front door, stone accents can immediately rejuvenate your bathroom and contrast warmly with an all-white décor scheme. Add a dark, natural-looking stone wall for a striking effect against your bathtub.
4) Add painted shutters in light shades: To bring an immediate spa inspired aesthetic to your bathroom without a top-to-bottom renovation, consider adding delicate painted shutters. Stick to pale, neutral shades of cream, beige and off-white, or add a delicate coat of light blue for a hint of calming pastel colour.
5) Embrace a natural vibe with plants: Nothing adds a blissful vibe to a space faster than lush green plants in clear glass or white ceramic vases. Although the steam and suds of a bathroom create a notoriously humid atmosphere, certain options like bamboo, snake plants, spider plants and peace lilies can thrive in this environment. Arrange plants around your bathroom shelving units and sink for a true spa-worthy vibe.