For décor lovers who are aiming to revive their spaces this autumn, the perfect set of drapes can easily refresh a room and bring your decorating scheme into Fall 2015. If you’re finally planning to replace those aging, yellowing curtains or swap your sheer white curtains for a more seasonally appropriate solution, here are a few chic window treatment ideas to update your space in style.
1) Use blush pink drapes to illuminate a neutral space: For a dull room which is craving a pop of colour, the look of pale pink curtains can quickly offset the appearance of sleek greys and off whites. Try adorning your living room with flowing blush pink drapes, contrasted against white walls, dark wooden flooring and a funky clear glass lamp.
2) Decorate a white living room with blue and white abstract prints: Daring homeowners can switch their classic solid curtains for vivid patterned drapes in shades of blue and white. The look of busy abstract prints can bring ivory walls, creamy furnishings and pale floors to life by injecting a hint of much-needed colour.
Photo: Bill Beaumont Txtile (@BillBeaumontTxt) on Twitter
3) Incorporate velvet touches for a touch of luxury: Try bringing a theatrical element to your living room décor with punchy purple or burgundy velvet drapes. For a larger space with picture windows, rich velvety curtains can quickly rejuvenate your décor and add a hint of drama to the entire space.
4) Embrace plaid and checkered curtains: With windowpane plaid making a statement on the Fall 2015 runways, it’s time to replace those plain brown curtains with a checkered alternative. Look for shades of black and white and sleek lines to create a trendy, streamlined aesthetic at home.
5) Turn up the glamour with silk paneled drapes: This season, silky finishes can quickly bring elegance and sophistication into your home. If your stark white windows are in need of a softening touch, look for pale yellow and off-white hues to complement beige furnishings and brown home accents.