For decorating gurus who are leaning toward a sophisticated yet simplistic colour palette for Fall 2015, the look of black and white décor at home can help to create a streamlined and elegant statement. From revamping your living room to bringing these classic neutrals into your bathroom, here are the best ways to embrace a black and white decorating scheme at home this season.
1) Use black and white stripes to create an eye-catching accent wall: If you’re not quite ready to jump into this home décor trend with a stark black and white room, try including an accent wall for a striking look. Try painting wide horizontal black and white stripes on for a contrasting effect, and using this single accent wall to offset creamy neutral furnishings and pale wood flooring.
2) Incorporate black and white tile flooring for a graphic statement: For artsy décor addicts who are craving a graphic touch at home, tile flooring in these chic neutral shades can easily breathe new life to your kitchen or bathroom. Embrace black and white squares for a funky effect, or look for dainty diagonal patterns to flatter a modern kitchen.
3) Decorate your black leather sofa with printed pillows: It’s entirely possible to bring this luxurious trend into your home, without splurging on an extreme renovation. Bring a hint of visual interest into a classic living room by accessorizing a black leather couch with patterned pillows. Look for black and white abstract prints or zebra stripes to complete a dark living room with sleek seating and dark wooden floors.
4) Upgrade your kitchen with black countertops and white accents: If you’ve been dying for a kitchen makeover this autumn, remember to keep the refined, timeless aesthetic of black and white neutrals in mind. The classy look of black marble countertops contrasted with ivory walls, a cream-coloured table and soft lighting can make your kitchen an instantly welcoming space.
Photo: Pantai Granite (@PantaiGranite) on Twitter
5) Bring black and white abstract print wallpaper into your bathroom: For bathrooms that are currently adorned with peeling vinyl wallpaper and cracked walls, an instant wallpaper makeover can help you embrace black and white prints. Try adding graphic print wallpaper to complement a bathroom with dramatic white porcelain, silver fixtures and a black rectangular mirror.