For décor lovers who are tired of waking up to beige walls and bland grey sheets, embracing a quick bedroom makeover can instantly revive your quarters. While you may spend more time entertaining in the dining room than reclining in bed, redecorating your bedroom for the season ahead can help you achieve the look of a refreshed and renewed space. Whether you’re a minimalist who loves simple accents or a creative type who adores bright, punchy hues, here are a few winning tips to upgrade your bedroom décor now.
1) Inject colour into your space with an abstract painting or wall art: If you’re craving a hint of colour as we prepare for dreary, chilly days, try breathing new life into your bedroom with an artistic finish. Look for a splashy abstract painting to frame above your headboard for a dramatic accent, or create your own abstract wall art with acrylic paints on white canvas.
2) Accessorize with rich shades of blue: For anyone who is feeling the approaching winter blues in the air, a hint of the colour blue can revitalize your space. Think of incorporating a turquoise accent wall, flowing blue drapes or a striking aqua bedspread into a room which consists mostly of pale neutral hues.
3) Bring metallic finishes into a sleek white urban bedroom: If your bedroom is home to ivory walls and creamy bedding, you may want to maintain the snowy theme. However, including bold silver and gold accents can create a gorgeous contrast against the all-white décor. Try embracing the look of metallics in your bedroom with an ornate chandelier, embellished lampshade or intricate golden mirror for a statement effect.
4) Create a heavenly oasis with a sheer white canopy and monochromatic white décor: On the contrary, you may be a fan of simplicity who wishes to stay loyal to your love of white furnishings and walls. For a stunning monochromatic statement in your bedroom, play up the look of innocent whites with a sheer, flowing canopy, coordinating lampshade and fluffy white pillows.
5) Use wooden panelled walls and neutral accents for a rustic vibe: While you may be a city slicker, you can always incorporate country charm into your room décor with warm and woodsy touches. Try swapping your dull walls for quaint wood panelling, and accessorizing the space with caramel-hued throw blankets or a camel-coloured rug to emphasize the rich tones.