Although quaint chintz fabrics may bring images of your grandmother’s house to mind, this vintage print is actually set to make a surprising comeback for Fall 2015. Whether you’re hoping to revitalize your dull, neutral space or combine rustic florals with modernized pops of colour, the return of chintz to the decorating world proves that everything old is truly new again! Here are our top ways to bring this flowery fabric into your humble home this season.
1) Revamp a white bedroom with pastel-coloured chintz quilts and bedsheets: If you’re tired of a creamy décor statement at home, try contrasting the white walls, pale wood and ivory furnishings of your bedroom with chintz bedspreads. The sweet blossom print and hint of texture will bring a new dimension to your white décor, without an overwhelming burst of colour.
2) Add a chintz accent pillow to your living room sofa: For decorating addicts who are looking to revamp their grey and wood-toned living rooms, a hint of chintz just may be a welcome touch. For a subtle take on the trend, use a square accent pillow with a watercolour-hued print to revitalize your space.
3) Bring a vintage touch to your walls with colourful chintz wallpaper: While it may be best known as a fabric for armchairs and old-fashioned couches, chintz wallpaper can help you easily embrace this décor trend without a head-to-toe home makeover. Look for quirky prints, splashy colour and hints of purple and red for a trendy approach to chintz decorating.
4) Contrast modern décor with printed, playful chintz curtains: This season, flowing curtains in the floral fabric are set to dominate living rooms. If you’re a devoted fan of the trend and willing to completely overhaul your space, try placing bold chintz drapes in your living room to offset light furnishings or flatter your pastel-coloured décor.
5) Upgrade your sunroom with pink and white chintz seating: Naturally, sweet and antique-looking chintz is a winning fit for a relaxing, fuss-free solarium. Add a pink and white chintz fabric chair or bench to accessorize your sunroom in true ladylike fashion for autumn.