When splurging on new flooring and custom built-ins aren’t in your budget for the new year, revamp your bedroom with these budget-friendly décor ideas to breathe new life into your space. From painting the walls an icy blue shade to hanging sheer drapes to soften the space, here are simple décor tips to give your room a refreshing facelift.
1) Paint the walls an icy blue: Refresh your bedroom with an icy blue paint colour. This winter hue is not only perfect for the cooler months but will also work to brighten a tiny space for spring and summer with its soft shade. Accessorize with white plush duvets and pastel grey pillows to create a luxurious yet comfy setting for a dreamy slumber.
2) Create a feature wall with a graphic wallpaper: If your beige walls are starting to look a bit lackluster, infuse some print to your walls to spruce up your room. To create the feature wall, try a two-toned white and silver lattice wallpaper for an elegant touch. The simple print brings a sultry visual interest to a neutral-hued room for a high-impact style.
3) Update your light fixture with pendant lighting: Decorate your ceiling with a hanging pendant light fixture to add a hint of glam. If you have high ceilings, it will accentuate the wide ceiling space, making your room seem larger. For modern décor lovers, try a classic drum shade with brushed nickel fixtures and hanging crystals to bring a subtle touch of sparkle to your room.
4) Amplify your space with a standing mirror: For a cramped space with tight corners, a simple trick to make your room seem larger is to prop a standing mirror against a wall. This will create the effect of adding more square footage to a narrow space and draw light to illuminate the room.
5) Adorn your walls with sheer drapery: Whether you have floor-to-ceiling walls or a beautiful bay window, soften up your room with sandy cream drapes to add warmth to the space. The light, sheer drapes bring a cozy touch with its delicate material and emphasize natural lighting to create an open feel to the room.