If you’re looking to embrace shape and structure at home this season, the funky geometric décor trend is an easy way to bring visual interest into your space. From eye-catching pyramids to basic circles and squares, the look of geometric designs is set to rule this fall. Whether you want to add a patterned area rug to your living room or revamp those tired walls with geometric art, here are our favourite ways to “shape” up your space with this cool decorating scheme.
1) Add a geometric accent wall in a blue shade: To breathe new life into a humble blue and white room, a coordinating accent wall with a circular or triangular geometric pattern is a gorgeous touch. Use lighter shades of blue and minimal patterns for a smaller space, or add a layer of brilliant royal blue and bold shapes to a spacious living room.
2) Jump into the trend with a fierce diamond printed sofa: If your solid beige couch has reached the end of its days, now is the perfect time to replace it for a fresh geometric alternative. Take a seat in style on a diamond patterned sofa or loveseat, preferably in a sleek black and white colour combination. Meanwhile, bold decorating addicts can interpret the trend literally with an avant garde geometric design sofa.
3) Decorate your bare walls with geometric photo frames and wall art: This season, revive your walls with photo frames in varied geometric shapes. Look for wooden triangles, rainbow-coloured squares or embellished rectangles to display your fondest memories in a shapely fashion. Art enthusiasts can embrace colourful and abstract geometric prints for a modernized decorating vibe.
Photo: Rugs USA (@rugsusa) via @StudioMcGee on Twitter
4) Update a neutral living room with a black and white chevron striped rug: For a simple take on the trend, try adding an elegant chevron rug to your unadorned hardwood floors. If your space lacks definition and depth, the look of bold black and white chevron stripes allows you to easily embrace the geometric theme without an over-the-top home makeover.
5) Use accent pillows with bold geometric prints: If you’re truly a minimalist at heart, you already know it takes just a single throw pillow to make a statement! Try square-shaped accent pillows with pastel geometric prints for a subtle approach to the trend.