As we prepare to pack away our patio furniture for the season and officially embrace the coming season of chilly nights and crisp mornings, it’s time to bring warmth and luxury into our homes. For decorating addicts who are ready to update their spaces, fall’s sleek trend of leather accents is an inviting look. From unique pops of leather on flooring and pillows to classic leather furnishings setting the stage in the living room, this fabric has never been hotter. Since leather isn’t just a staple for your fall wardrobe, here are our top ways to embrace the look at home.
1) Swap your wooden dining room chairs for smooth leather seats: If the classic look of wooden seating has left you craving an updated look, try replacing your dark wood dining room chairs with cozy leather seating. Not only will this create a welcoming vibe in your dining room, you can also experiment shades of rich camel, creamy white and pastel blue for dining chairs with a creative spin.
2) Contrast dark brown leather throw pillows against an off-white sofa: For homeowners who aren’t ready to embrace the look of leather statement pieces, try gently injecting the trend into your living room with chic leather cushions. Update your off-white couch with faux leather panel pillows, or adding leather pillow covers in shades of taupe, chocolate brown and beige.
3) Bring an edge to a brightly coloured living room with a mahogany leather ottoman: If you’ve brought too much colour into your living room with a funky pink sofa or an aqua accent wall, mahogany-toned leather can bring elegance into the space. Try accessorizing your leather ottoman with a patterned area rug, espresso-coloured coffee table and crystal home accents for a room which immediately screams “luxury”.
4) Add texture to classic flooring with leather floor tiles: For leather fanatics who want to embrace the look from the bottom up, it simply doesn’t get much better than upgrading your humble floors with leather tiles. Look for darker shades of brown and grey leather for a sumptuous feel at home.
5) Style your black leather sofa with patterned accent pillows: To create a timeless look, turn to classic staples with a rich black leather sofa as a statement furniture piece. Upgrade your luxurious leather with black and white abstract print pillows or throw blankets for a modernized, edgy feel despite the cushy seating.