While plush armchairs and sleek leather sofas certainly set the mood for winter décor, wicker furnishings can instantly bring a taste of summer into your humble home. Whether your decorating scheme is funky and modern or classic with striking black and white accents, the neutral look of wicker brings a relaxed vibe into any space. If you’re aiming to refresh your home with this woven fabric, here are our best tips for bringing wicker décor from the great outdoors and into your home.
1) Contrast a wicker dresser with yellow and white accents: An easy wicker dresser can bring a tranquil feel to a boring bedroom in need of a quick makeover. To lend a sophisticated touch to the beige or light brown dresser, add a glass vase filled with elegant white lilies. Use white bed linens, pastel blue and yellow striped accent pillows and a funky yellow lampshade to truly showcase the wicker, and transform your drab bedroom.
2) Showcase wicker seating against blue and white tiles or a burnt orange wall: You may not be at the cottage, but a slender wicker sofa is still a refreshing summery change from that bulky grey couch. Style your sofa or armchair with blue and white statement tiles for a chilling touch, or bring warmth to the room with pale green accent pillows and a burnt orange statement wall.
3) Update a dining room table with wicker chairs: For decorating addicts planning to dine in style this season, arranging wicker chairs around a glass top dining table is a perfect mix of down-to-earth décor and elegance. Add white seat cushions to dark grey wicker chairs to complete your seating statement.
4) Use painted white wicker chairs for a chic upgrade: If you’re not a fan of darker furnishings, white wicker accents can beautifully complement a blue colour scheme at home. Arrange a snowy wicker chaise in your living room with blue accent pillows and a matching pastel blue statement wall, or add white wicker seats to a simple home office.
5) Style a black wicker coffee table with delicate accessories: For the true sophisticate at heart, black wicker is a stylish take on the trend. To rejuvenate a tired living room with plain white walls and dull furniture, add a black wicker coffee table accessorized with white candles and a statement crystal centerpiece.