If you’re officially tired of the colourful shades which have made a splash at home this summer, Fall 2015 décor trends will pave the way for neutral shades and subtle wooden accents. Whether you want to swap your brilliant blue accent wall for an understated wooden option or bring rustic touches to your home, here are a few tips for decorating with the season’s wood tones this autumn.
1) Add warmth to a larger room with richly coloured wood: If a spacious living room with striking white walls has left you craving a warm, rustic touch, try bringing in wooden touches in multicoloured shades. Try a coffee table in rich cherry wood, paired with a wood-panelled accent wall and smooth oak hardwood floors for a variety of shades.
2) Contrast wooden detail with cool grey walls and dark furniture: This fall, it’s time to think shades of grey (we’re not talking about the movie, of course). Instead, try incorporating icy grey walls into a living room with darker wooden furnishings for a sleek, contrasting effect. Add a coat of slate grey paint to your walls, and complete your décor statement a vintage rocking chair and soft dove-coloured curtains.
Photo: BHHS Ohio (@BHHS_Ohio) on Twitter
3) Update your living room with smooth pine floors and white accents: Pine flooring is a natural and simple way to embrace the wooden trend, without overdoing the look if you’re not quite set on this decorating scheme. Emphasize your glowing pine floors with creamy flowing drapes, white-painted windows and crystal centrepieces for a chic effect.
4) Use hints of colour to bring life to wooden textures: For decorating lovers who aren’t ready to abandon their love of colour, Fall 2015’s neutral woodsy décor can easily be combined with soft pastel hues. Use striped throw pillows, a multicoloured area rug and vases in sweet light blue shades to soften your wooden décor.
5) Pair wood with humble grey and beige shades: On the other side of the colour spectrum, the “greige” colour is a winning combination of both grey and beige. Update your bedroom walls with this neutral shade, and add a light-coloured wooden dresser or side table in a soft, soothing tone.